Not sure why, but I feel compelled to take photos of practically every new flower I see on my travels. Here are some blooms we noticed during our Switzerland adventures. (I asked PlantNet what they probably are.) Beautiful garden in Mürren Garden lupine Lupinus polyphyllus High up on the peak of the Schilthorn, these grow and bloom on the rocky mountainside. Glacier buttercup Ranunculus glacialis More glacier buttercups, along with the light purple Round-leaved Pennycress Noccaea Rotundifolia Hiking along at lower elevations on the way to Murren, we saw a lot of what looked like grasses. Bladder Campion Silenus vulgaris Hairy Alpenrose Rhododendron hirsutum Round-leaf Saxifrage Saxifraga Rotundifolia My pic above, PlantNet verdict below Golden Hawk's-beard Crepis aurea I didn't take my own picture of this - at least not on our hike to Murren - but loved seeing th...
Day 8: Ancient Aspendos Sat, May 02, 2026 We'll begin our day with a tour through Konya, including the busy maze of its sprawling bazaar — a time-tripping treasure trove of hardware, household items, clothing, jewelry, religious paraphernalia, and cell phone accessories. Then we'll head over the Taurus Mountains and stop to visit Aspendos, one of the best-preserved Roman theaters of the ancient world. In the late afternoon we'll arrive in the Mediterranean resort town of Antalya, where we'll take an orientation walk and set you free for dinner on your own. The following 7 pictures were from the Aspendos site, from 160AD. First 4 are from the theatre and the last 2 were from the walk I took I. The archeological site where there were medieval buildings. This was our view from the lunch restaurant! Rainy start to our stay at the Mediterranean town of Antalya. We entered the city thru Hadrians gate (built in 130AD to honor the Roman emperor Hadrian’s visit). ...
Wednesday April 29, Optional Hot Air Balloon ride Mustafapaşa village walk and then back at the hotel and drive to visit Göreme Open Air Museum of Monastery Valley. We will eat lunch at a local house. Our hostess will be Fahriye at Ortahisar Village (shoes off for lunch). KAYMAKLI UNDERGROUND CITY / Possible visit ( inşallah(God Willing) It doesn’t even look like I am in the balloon on this one, but I am! Mustafapaşa, the town where we were staying, is a historic town in the Urgüp District of Turkey’s Nevşehir Province, is famous for its well-preserved Greek Orthodox architecture and rich history, with a population exchange in 1923 leading to a predominantly Turkish community today. Located in Cappadocia, it offers a quieter, more authentic experience away from major tourist crowds, featuring stone mansions, historic churches like the SS Constantine and Helen Church, and nearby valleys with rock-carved monasterie. The above four picture...
Hi! Hope comments are OK, but let me know. Looking forward to following your adventures!
ReplyDeleteHi! I'm using Chrome and this is working. Blogger must like me :) I wish I could add a picture to a comment but nooooo...
ReplyDeleteSafe travels ladies!
ReplyDelete